- 1/2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 large carrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup low fat milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of paprika to taste (chilli powder)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding broccoli, cauliflower florets, carrots and celery during the last 6 minutes. Drain, transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Heat butter in a pan. Saute onion until tender.
- Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour over macaroni mixture; stir to coat. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately