- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder (Sambar powder - use less if you prefer less spicy)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/4 cup white rice ( I used cooked rice)
- 1 skinless, boneless, chicken breast half cut into cubes
- salt and pepper to taste
- a pinch dried thyme
- 1/2 heavy cream, heated
- Boil chicken with 4 to 5 cups water for chicken stock.
- Saute onions, celery, carrot and butter in a saucepan. Add flour and curry and cook 5 more minutes. Add chicken stock, mix well and bring to a boil. Simmer about 1/2 hour.
- Add apple, rice, chicken, salt, pepper and thyme. Simmer till soup consistency is reached.
- Serve with hot cream.