- 1/2 cups broken wheat
- 1 cup yogurt, preferably sour
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 tbsp grated carrot
- 4 - 5 stalks coriander leaves, finely chopped
- curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dhal
- 1 tsp channa dhal
- Cashews, optional
- Dry roast broken wheat and mix with yogurt.
- Heat oil, add seasonings, fry well and add to the mixture.
- Add vegetables, coriander and curry leaves. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased idli plates over cashews and steam for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Allow to cool and remove.