29 March 2018

Greek Omelette with Spinach and Feta

I was looking for different omelette recipes for dinner while I found some Greek omelette recipes with gyro meat, grilled chicken, etc. I then found this recipe which said My Big Fat Greek Omelette. Having watched the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding, I became interested immediately and checked it out. It seemed to be quite a healthy one with spinach and I tried it out. came out good and yummy. Recipe here:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/80046/my-big-fat-greek-omelet/

Recipe tried and tested in October 2016

Serves 2

Ingredients
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup spinach, dunked in boiling water, squeezed dry and chopped finely
  • 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved (I used normal ones, diced)
  • 1/2 tsp oregano, divided
  • 1/2 tsp salt, divided
  • 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
  • 1/4 cup feta cheese
  • 1 tbsp olive oil

Preparation
  • In a bowl, mix tomatoes with 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper and stir in feta cheese.
  • Beat eggs in another bowl, stir in spinach and the remaining oregano, salt and pepper.
  • Heat oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat and add the egg mixture to it. Push back the eggs that have set with a spatula, tilt the skillet and allow the uncooked egg mixture to run into the empty portion of the skillet. Continue doing this till the omelette is moist but cooked, about 3 to 4 minutes. 
  • Reduce heat to low and add the tomato mixture to half of the egg. Carefully fold the untopped half over the filling, remove to a plate and allow to let stand for a minute. 
  • Cut the omelette into two portions and serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment