While browsing for different omelette recipes, I came across this recipe with gyro meat. That's when I started looking out for gyro meat recipes and tried it successfully. With gyro meat in hand, I was then able to make this delicious omelette for dinner. Recipe from http://www.shugarysweets.com/2014/04/greek-omelettes
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- 8 gyro meat slices
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Homemade Tzatziki sauce for serving (Recipe here: https://forthetastebud.blogspot.in/2016/10/gyro-meat.html)
- Pan fry the gyro meat slices on both sides until crisp.
- Beat eggs with water and salt.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a non stick skillet. Pour 1/4 of the beaten egg into the skillet. Cover and cook on medium heat. When the egg is almost cooked and still moist, add 2 tbsp feta cheese, red peppers and 2 slices of gyro meat in the middle. Flip one side over the filling and the other side over this and cook for another 30 seconds. Slide onto plate.
- Top with homemade Tzatziki sauce and serve hot.